Wednesday, February 4, 2009
I tried a different method with this one. I layed down a rough sketch then used paint bucket and gradients to fill in areas of the piece with solid tones. I then built up photo textures and used a multiply layer to add color. I tried several color variations with more blue until I came to this one. After that I used Soft Light and Hard Light layers to define the shapes a little more. Finally I used a normal layer to fill in light and continue defining the shapes. Next I Stamped visible layers (alt + shift + ctrl + e) and used an Unsharp Mask to finish defining and strengthening details. Finally I used color correction and curves layers to change lighting and color a little. I like some aspects of this. I need to work on visors.